This is the vocabulary to study in the mext exam about food and nutrients.
1. Nutrients: Human beings obtain these chemical substances from ingested foods.
2. Triglycerides: lipids in which three fatty acids are bound to a compound called glycerol
3. Cholesterol: lipid that can damage blood vessels if its concentration in the blood are too high
4. Saturated fats: lipids that are found in animal foods and are solid at room temperature.
5. Unsaturated fats: lipids that are found in plant foods and are liquid at room temperature.
6. Fatty acids: they are a component of triglyceride
7. Dehydration: It occurs when a person does not take in enough water to replace the water that is lost
8. Carbohydrates: Group of nutrients where sugars are included
9. Calorie: It is a unit of energy that measures how much energy food provides to the body
10. Polysaccharides Carbohydrates that contain many saccharides like starch
11. Amino acids: Small molecules that are the building blocks of proteins.
12. Antibodies. White blood cells produce these proteins to destroy bacteria.
13. Fiber: It prevents constipation.
14. Glucose : Simple carbohaydrate that circulates in the blood, providing energy to cells throughout the body.
15. Hemoglobin: Protein that transports the oxigen in the red blood cells.